Building Enclosure Consultant II
DTR Consulting Services, the “Building Science Guys” is a specialized Architectural & Building Envelope (Enclosure) Consulting Firm based in California. We are focused on the technical aspects within the Building/Design Industry assisting Owners, Developers & Design Professionals throughout the US with the most technical aspects of physically constructed buildings during design, construction, and post-occupancy. We are expanding our Building Science Division, specializing in high-performance building envelope systems, forensics, and construction observation/ independent inspection services.
DTR Consulting provides building envelope design, 3rd party peer reviews, construction observation/ inspection services, enclosure commissioning, site assessments, and building forensics for a vast array of building types and uses.
DTR is an exciting and growing company looking for the right people to help us expand and prosper. We love great architecture, building science, technology, and education and care about the people that work for us. Join us and watch your career grow. Work on the type of projects and the environment you always wanted. Our management style is to hire those who are self-motivated, eager to learn, confident, and not afraid to fail. In doing so, we trust in each other’s individual performance.
LOOKING FOR A JOB THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL VALUED?
We are seeking Building Enclosure Consultant’s to join our growing Building Sciences team in Roseville, CA. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in the delivery of building envelope/waterproofing deliverables, QA/QC peer reviews, condition assessments/evaluations, forensic investigations, 3rd party construction inspections, and more.
You will be working with our Building Enclosure Consultants and Specifiers on high-profile projects around the U.S. Our work includes; Commercial, Educational, Hospitality, Civic, Retail, Institutional, and High-End Residential projects. Qualified candidates are considered problem solvers with the ability to develop practical and innovative solutions for the built environment, seeking a licensed Architect or Engineer, and/or related industry-recognized professional certifications.
- Managing projects and teams, from inception to completion, in a variety of enclosure-related projects – in both new and existing construction
- Evaluating building performance through computer simulations and modeling energy consumption. Perform hygrothermal modeling and other calcs using WUFI and HAM
- Prepare building envelope design reports, recommending material/assemblies for new and remedial construction
- Prepare CAD drawings and specifications for various projects
- Assist in business development, including drafting the new scope
- Oversee construction phase services; field observation/inspection, documentation, and response to non-compliant work
- Conducting the investigation and repair of existing failing building enclosure systems
- Providing enclosure design recommendations that minimize failures and increase human comfort, durability, and energy efficiency for new buildings or renovations
- Completing on-site failure investigations, condition assessments, and litigation support to evaluate problematic conditions such as water intrusion, air leakage, unknown moisture mitigation, and systems failures; including survey and documentation of distress, field testing, sampling, photographing, and sketching
- Providing design-assist services related to enclosure systems and completing construction period services
- Applying knowledge in resolving complex building enclosure issues, including evaluating existing design
- Completing pre-construction design reviews
- Preparing investigation reports, repair sketches, bid documents, addenda, change orders, and other work product
- Conducting on-site observations of work in progress and preparing site visit reports using various reporting formats
- Managing all aspects of client services including listening to client needs, communicating progress, technical discussion of findings, recommendations, and project close-out
- Advanced knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to building enclosure performance
- Confident project management skills, a history of mentoring staff, and excels in construction field services
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and REVIT to evaluate drawings (plans and elevations), details, and facilitate the exchange of models with architect clients
- Skilled in the use of building science modeling software, such as WUFI, THERM, HEAT3, or energy modeling software is a benefit
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside the local area as workload and projects require
- Ability to work courteously and professionally with individuals and teams with diverse economic, social, educational, and cultural backgrounds
- You’re smart, and ambitious, work well with others, and have high ethical standards
- You understand that a single person can have a great impact on the success of an organization, but depend on and work with your team to achieve such success
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Civil or Structural Engineering, Building or Architectural Science, or Mechanical Engineering. (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Registered Professional Engineer/Architect in the state where offices are located, or has related professional certifications such as RRO, RRC, RWC, REWC, or RBEC
- Six or more years of building enclosure consulting experience
- Experience managing staff and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants MUST submit a formal Cover Letter outlining how their experience meets the job requirements and what their professional aspirations are. Include an up-to-date resume, which includes a full career history. Applicants can submit these documents as one or more PDF files.
Resumes received without a Cover Letter, will NOT be considered.
Compensation & Benefits: Excellent compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO (Vacation, Personal Time & Sick Days), generous Professional Development Assistance, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, & Performance Bonuses, Paid Holidays, and Free Parking. Great place to work and grow professionally (including very adventurous Staff Appreciation Days). Must have a good driving record and be willing to travel. DTR will provide professional training and professional development assistance,
plus ongoing building science educational training.
The actual offered base salary listed aligns to the geography of the office for which this position is posted. Actual compensation will be based on varying factors such as individual qualifications, education, experience, skills, work location, job-related knowledge, licensure requirements, and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Salary Range: $80,000.00 – $95,000.00
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.